Transfer Deadline for Senior Club Players This Friday!!
This deadline applies to any player who is:
- Currently registered with a club that is not the club they plan on playing with for the competitive 15âs season
- Not yet registered to the club you will be playing with for the competitive 15âs season
To help you navigate the transfer process our Secretary, Jeff Sperling put this step-by-step guide together for players:
Players seeking release from their current NERFU club for transfer out of the Union, or within the Union to a different club must complete the following steps:
1. Obtain a letter of approval from your current club (the club you are CIPP registered with). This letter must include a statement that notes that the player has no obligations to the cub, and is in good standing.
2. Complete the request form on the USA Rugby website
3. Send a copy of the club approval to NERFU Secretary Jeff Sperling for Union approval. Jeff will send approval to our contact at USA Rugby directly. NERFUâs statement must also note that the player has no financial or disciplinary matters to the Union. If a player has not fulfilled all obligations, Jeff will notify that player directly.
Once these steps are completed, USA Rugby will notify the player of their final decision. Please note the criteria posted on the USA Rugby website for club-to-club transfer, and in-season restrictions.
One last note: Any player currently registered with a club and not intending to transfer does not need to do anything concerning this deadline.