Important Reminders for NERFU Cup 2013
With only two days remainin until NERFU Cup 2013, here is some important information and reminders to distribute to the appropriate people on your club:
1. If your club hasnât paid its entrance fee yet, it is $200 and can be paid by PayPal on the tournament page on nerfu.org Click on the link at the bottom of the page. Alternately, a check for $200 can be brought to the captainâs meeting Friday night.
2. Captain's meeting is on Friday at 7pm at Ancient Order of Hibernians - 2 Wellington Ave, Newport RI. All clubs are expected to have one representative at the meeting. The match schedule and tournament packets will be distributed to clubs at the meeting. (see bullet #6 for more on the schedule too). Food will also be provided for the captains.
3. Bus transportation is new for this year and available for all NERFU members. The bus schedule is as follows-
Daytime schedule for Fort Adams (Saturday and Sunday):
Bus #1 from the Best Western Mainstay to Fort Adams starting at 6:30am Sat & Sun running continuous loop throughout the day. The last bus from Fort Adams back to the Hotel will depart Fort Adams at 7pm Saturday, and 5pm Sunday
Bus #2 from the Ramada Inn and making a stop thru at the Comfort Inn to Fort Adams starting at 6:15am Sat & Sun running continuous loop throughout the day. The last bus from Fort Adams back to the hotels will depart Fort Adams at 7pm Saturday, and 5pm Sunday.
Nighttime schedule for downtown Newport (Saturday only):
Bus #1 from the Best Western Mainstay will depart 7:45pm and make a stop off near the Red Parrot in Downtown and then making a second stop near OâBrienâs pub. This will run on continuous loop, leaving downtown for the Best Western Mainstay @ 1:15am
Bus #2 from the Ramada via the Comfort Inn, will depart 7:45pm and make a stop off near the Red Parrot in Downtown and then making a second stop near OâBrienâs pub. This will run on continuous loop, leaving downtown for the mainstay @ 1:15am
4. Road closures on Saturday: Saturday morning there is a road race from Bellevue Ave to Rogers High School that runs back and forth on Ruggers Ave. If driving your own vehicle, you should travel Thames Street to Wellington Ave to get to Fort Adams.
5. Weather alert: The current forecast for Newport this weekend is for temps in the low 60âs and rain. If you havenât experienced Fort Adams State Park in these conditions, it can be a very uncomfortable situation if not prepared. Please emphasize to your players (especially the ones who havenât been to the tournament before in rain) that itâs important to bring proper rain gear and have extra changes of clothing, including footwear. Trash bags to stick your kit bag in while playing is also a must.
6. Teams that have the first games of the day on Saturday have been informed as a courtesy to their clubs. All other clubs should expect to play any time between 9:30am and 6pm on Saturday. All clubs will receive their exact start times on Friday night at the Captainâs Meeting. The schedule will also be posted later on Friday night (after the captainâs meeting) on all of NERFUâs media outlets.
On Sunday the finals schedule is as follows:
8:30am- D3 Men and Womenâs Consolation Final, D4 Menâs Consolation Final
10am- D2 Men and Womenâs Consolation Final, D1 Menâs Consolation Final
11:15am- D3 Womenâs Championship Final, D4 Menâs Championship Final, D1 Womenâs Consolation Final
12:30pm- D2 Men and Womenâs Championship Final, D3 Menâs Championship Final
2pm- D1 Womenâs Championship Final
2:30pm- D1 Menâs Championship Final