Reminder: Level 200 Coaching Course this Weekend in Vermont
This is a great way for coaches to take care of requirement #4 on the list below. Remember, in order to be considered eligible every club within NERFU and USA Rugby must have an active, certified coach.
These are the 5 USA Rugby requirements that must be met in order to be listed as active and receive full member benefits such as coaching insurance:
1. Register as a Coach (every year you are actually coaching)
2. Complete a biennial background screening (automatic upon registration as a coach/requires no additional effort or cost)
3. Complete the Player Protection Package
4. Complete a certification course (If you are coaching the contact game, you must complete the minimum of the Level 200 certification course)
5. After 9/1/2014 every coach will be required to participate in annual professional development in order to maintain their active status.
Any questions about the course can be directed to Emily Morgan (Youth Development Officer VYRA).